Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Travel Days, Part 2


May 13th – Got to JSB at 8am local (2am FL), Met Sam. Went through custom check together and got our bags. Met up with the Marshalls. Exchanged currency and Skyped mom and dad. I caught my connection to HSD at 1015 and arrived around  11am. Met by Dean and Cy. We got my luggage and went to the grocery store (Pick N Pay) and met up with the others. Went to Sleepers for lunch and had Cajun chicken and feta burger. Delish! Made a few stops in town, and headed back to camp. Looong drive with beautiful mountains. I kept falling asleep multiple times as we drove home. Arrived at camp around 3pm. I was shown my room and got a quick tour, but then called mom on skype around 4 because Dad was harassing Mike to find me. :P Afterwards, unpacked and settled into my nice single room. Met with Kira on the observation platform and watched some kudu and antelope get spooked by some unknown predator. Took a lovely shower, then met up with the group by the fire around 7. Had chicken alfredo around the fire and sat around talking until 9. Went to bed to get lots of rest for my first drive tomorrow! :D

First views of the beauty that is South Africa!


My room to myself, at least for now! I love the fabric wall hanging!


No comments:

Post a Comment